Drake Pleads With Judge to Adjourn His Assault Trial Case To 2021 | MyStreetz Magazine Drake Pleads With Judge to Adjourn His Assault Trial Case To 2021 – MyStreetz Magazine

Drake Pleads With Judge to Adjourn His Assault Trial Case To 2021

Drake Pleads With Judge to Adjourn His Assault Trial Case To 2021

Using his superstar clout, Drake is asking the court to postpone a trial date because he’s schedule is quite full for the next couple of months.

According to court documents, Drake says he won’t be able to make the scheduled trial date of July 21, 2020, due to “professional commitments all over the world” and will only become available starting “potentially in February 2021.”

His co-defendant, Odell Beckham Jr., is also asking for the trial date to be pushed back for his “professional commitments tied to his football season.” He says he is unable to attend the trial on July 21, 2020, until mid-February 2021.

Last year, a man named Bennett Sipes sued Drake, Odell Beckham Jr and Kourtney Kardashian’s ex-boyfriend, Younes Bendjima, Sipes claims he was assaulted at Delilah nightclub on March 24, 2018. He accuses Bendjima and members of Drake and Beckham’s entourage proceeded to “push, shove, kick and repeatedly punch Plaintiff in the face and body.”

Beckham Jr and Drake have denied all allegations of wrongdoing. The NFL star pointed to the security footage saying it showed he had no part in the fight. Drake says the footage shows Bendjima involved and NOT him.

In the suit, Sipes says he was at the club to see his girlfriend who was in the VIP section talking to Drake, OBJ and Kourtney’s ex-boyfriend.

Sipes says he approached his girlfriend, which caused an argument to break out between him and the three men. He says that when he went to leave the VIP area, he “witnessed Defendant Drake signaling to his private security a hand gesture of ‘throat slash,’ after he pointed at Plaintiff. The plaintiff understood this to be some type of physical threat towards himself.”

He claims he attempted to enter the bathroom when Bendjima and members of Drake and Beckham’s entourage and private security proceeded to “push, shove, kick and repeatedly punch Plaintiff in the face and body. Sipes is suing Drake, Beckham Jr. and Bendjima, as well as the club for not providing adequate security.

Bendjima has yet to respond to the lawsuit. The trial date is currently scheduled to start on July 21.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.